NEW BUILD MANAGEMENT
On behalf of Owners / vessel management houses / brokers yacht consultancy will oversee the new construction to help ensure an end product equal to or better than that initially anticipated which will satisfy the clients’ requirements and function efficiently for the crew.
Divergent Yachting can be involved in:
- Coordinating the design, either with an existing designer or one Derek can source for the client
- Specification outline, review and completion
- Yard tendering to ascertain suitability, quality and stability of the facilities selected
- Contract negotiation in conjunction with the clients legal team
- Project supervision with regular reporting to the client
- Stage payment review and approval on behalf of the client
- Classification and Flag state compliancy
- Dock and sea trials
- Handover to the client or crew
- Post handover assistance.
Divergent Yachting can assist the client or their Captain with refit and repair works in as much detail as required with:
- Scheduling refit to suit vessel schedule
- Reviewing work list
- Meeting with designers
- Planning project
- Yard and sub contractor selection
- Review of estimates and negotiations
- Financial review and approvals
- Project supervision and coordination
- Sea trials
- Post refit assistance
Divergent Yachting will survey a vessel pre-purchase on behalf of the client to ascertain the vessels condition and suitability for the clients envisaged requirements.
Divergent Yachting has experience in both the sailing and motor vessel sides of the yacht industry.
In general a survey will include, but not be restricted to:
- External hull condition
- Full deck condition survey
- Rigging and sails (where appropriate)
- Internal living area condition survey
- Layout to meet client needs and potential
- Internal hull survey
- Machinery and equipment
- Bridge & Navigation equipment
- Safety equipment
- Tender and toys
- Classification and Flag state compliancy (if required)
- Plus any specifics as per the clients request
A survey is followed by a report on condition including pictures and relevant references.
SPECIFICATION AND CONTRACTS
Yacht Consultancy can assist with the construction of a brief, or full, Specification for the client in conjunction with the designer to ensure the vessel achieves the required goals.
Consideration will be given to the appearance, accommodation requirements, interior layout and functionality, machinery, technical requirements, quality of equipment, Safety, Classification and Flag state requirements.
Contracts can be reviewed and in conjunction with the clients legal advisers an appropriate contract prepared to ensure a satisfactory result for all the parties involved.
CLASS AND FLAG STATE
Yacht Consultancy will check and ensure the vessel is constructed (or refitted) to meet the standards as set out in the relevant Classification Society or Flag state documents.
The client should choose (for a new build project) a Classification Society or Flag State which will benefit them and their vessel during the course of their association.
A sample of each as shown.
LR – Lloyds Register
ABS – American Bureau of Shipping
RINA – Registro Italiano Navale
BV – Bureau Veritas
CSS – China Classification Society
PLUS a few more depending on your requirements.
Isle of Man
British Virgin Islands
PLUS more depending on your requirements and nationality.